Day after on the Saturday 23rd May, Olivia started with fever as well. I thought that is normal since both of them always play together so closely so not a surprise that Olivia would get infected. But Olivia's fever was more serious. Everyday there is at least once her fever goes up above 39 degree. First 3 days I gave her fever syrup and also the Voren tablet insert into her rectrum when her fever gets above 39. Her fever was still like rollercoaster going up and down but not too far down which worries me even more. Unlike Isabelle, her fever temperature does reduce down below 37 once she takes her med but for Olivia it was always 37.9 and above. On the 4th day I brought her to Dr Yeu. Olivia has 2 ulcer spots in her throat. She has no sign of flu or cough so her case wasn't a viral infection. It was Bacteria infection! Poor baby, her temperature shoot up to 40degree when we were at hospital. Nurse gave her a sponge and she was crying from the discomfort of the cold and wet sponge. Doc said if by the 5th day Olivia's temp still spikes up to 39 then she would need to be admitted into hospital. Thank god on the night of the 5th day, her fever slowly stabilize and stayed within 37-38 degree. The next day her temperature was back to normal. And now she's back to her normal self as a happy baby.
These 2 week has been so tiring for me, sleepless nights having to wake up a few times to check on them to make sure body temperature doesn't get too high. Times like that I am glad I don't have a day job otherwise I can't imagine how I can manage all these and would probably have breakdown. Plus, i didn't have a maid around to help when all these happen.


No comments:
Post a Comment