Tuesday, September 28, 2010

5th day after the delivery

Today is the 3rd day i'm back home with my baby after discharge from Hospital. It is really not as simple as I thought things could be. This new changes in live feels so strange to me. By morning right before i wake up, first thing that come into my mind is my baby. I wake up early just to make sure my baby is doing ok. Life feels so different now. I use to just sleep and wake to just look forward to work and life after work. Now all I need and i can think is just baby and husband.

These 2 days, baby can't seem to go to sleep well during the day time. Everytime after feeding her, when put her into her bed she will start crying after 10-15mins of sleep. Confinement aunty will pick her up and try to confort her and that's when she will stop crying. At times when she cry, I try to carry her but her crying doesn't stop. Could it be because she doesn't feel confortable with me carrying her? Now when I have a baby of my own, i understand why some friends use to tell me, when baby cries non-stop you will have to attend to the baby. There is not way you can just leave the baby to cry and stop on her/his own. Reason being, you feel so bad when baby cries and you'll just be too worried the crying will make her weak or anything.

I have also bee trying to breastfeed my baby. My nipples are getting very sore now. Baby has not been latching correctly in the begining and is not easy to get her to latch correctly. At the same time, i can't stop breast feeding her cause if I stop, I think the milk won't come too. Tried using breastpump to extract the milk but doen'st seem successfull too. Why does everything have to be so difficult? Can't anything just go smooth and let me get through this month easily??

No comments: