At age 2, Isabelle tested with Urinary Tract Infections. When I first found out, it was when she tells me "mommy, pain" when you pass urine. Not just once but a few times. I was quite worried as I have UTI before and I know very well how much pain it was for me more so for a 2 years old.
I took Isabelle to see doc and told doc everything. We took Belle's urine sample for a test and true enough that in her test results, there was some bacteria trace found and there were some other traces on her white and red blood cells as well. Thank god that after 5 weeks giving Belle her antibiotic medicine, she has recovered from UTI. Upon next visit at doc again for another urine test, the red and white blood cells readings were back to normal and there were only slight traces of bacteria found. Doc says that might just be caused by contamination when I collected Belle's urine.
We have to be very careful in managing Belle's hygiene cause as doc says, if Belle were to get UTI again the second time, he will have to do some serious test on belle which includes putting in a tube into her ureter to take some tissue and samples cells. This sounded so serious.
The disadvantage of being a female :P
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment