Thursday, June 13, 2013

My milk production

Breast feeding is definitely not an easy journey. I told myself that I would try my best to give Olivia breast milk at least up to 6 months old. Olivia is 6 weeks old now and she is fully breast fed. My supply is enough for her. It takes a lot of determination and sleepy hours to do so. Pumping milk every 3 hours and slowly I extended  from 3 hours to 4 hours so I can get some extra hours to sleep. 

This is my storage so far. I hope I can express more milk each session so I can have more storage and I could stop pumping sooner. 




Now I can yield 5-6 oz milk each session. My right side usually can yield more than the left. I'm hoping I could yield 10oz each session then I can accumulate more storage in my freezer. Not sure how long more I can last to continue the pump session especially the midnight session. It is really quite dragging to wake to pump. So so so sleepy. 


No comments: