Sunday, May 19, 2013

19th MAY - Olivia 18 days old

A blink of eyes is already 18 days since I gave birth to Olivia. Confinement lady had given Olivia sun bathing about 5 times and she's finally satisfied that baby's jaundice is almost cleared. I'm actually quite worried after all the sun bathing, baby might end up having dark skin :(



Right now Olivia can drink up to 3oz every feed. Not sure if its too much or not but when she doesn't get enough, she will cry and ask for more. I guess she knows very well how much she want and how much she can drink. Lucky now that my milk supply is still enough for her. I'm not sure why but it has been a week and my milk production is only 3oz no matter if I pump after 3hours or even 4 hours. I'm not motivated enough to carry on waking every 2 hours and pumping mid night if I don't see my milk amount increasing :(

I've started taking fenugreek capsules since last Thursday (4 days). Some say it would take a week or maybe 2weeks before seeing the results. I hope I can see results of milk increasing soon otherwise I'm really not sure if I can carry on the breast feeding journey.

But I'm lucky that at the earlier days when Olivia is only drinking 1-2oz, I've manage to keep up to 7 bottles of 5oz BM in the freezer :D I'm proud if myself for this. Hehehe. 



I'm also glad that Isabelle has been accepting baby Olivia very well. No jealousy at the moment. She loves baby very much and she always want to kiss and sayang baby. Am so happy to see that. 





No comments: