Monday, May 6, 2013

1st May - The Emergency

The pain started the midnight of the 1st of May 2013. I felt some slight pain at first but then the pain went on and it got more intense. The pain comes every 10 mins and last for 30 secs every time. This was the beginning of the contraction pain.

By morning, I couldn't hold the pain any longer so I quickly got myself changed and got hubby to bring me to hospital emergency. Nurses called my gynea to come in as it was a public holiday that day. Doc says I'm having a minor contraction. Baby is only 34 weeks. Why contraction so soon? Doc thinks I might have infection in me that cause my body to react as such. I was told my cervix has dilated 1cm. We have to stop the dilation. I was given pills to stop the cervix opening further, but the pills was not the pain killer so the pain still goes on every 10min.

I was lying on the bed in the labour room overnight with the pain went on and on. So basically I was in pain for 30 hours of contraction pain. Though I wasn't going thru the intense contraction pain but it was bad enough to endure the pain for so many hours. I've waited and waited and the next morning came. I was so glad to see my doc checking on me. He asked is I'm felling ok. Feeling OK? How can I be when the pain went on the whole night. I asked if I should just deliver my baby that same day 2nd May. Doc was a little reluctant as he is worried that baby's lung is not strong enough yet. He wanted for me to try to hold for another week or two so at least baby is 35 or 36 weeks old, But I couldn't wait. So I decided to go for csec to get my baby out

It was around 9am plus when I made the decision. 15mins later doc walked in with a piece of paper for my signature agreeing to the csec and he says the operation will start at 11am. I didn't even had time to discuss with my hubby and I had to quickly calls him around 10am ish to tell him bat the decision and that I'm going into labour at 11am.

Hubby quickly rush to drop Isabelle off to playhouse and joined me at the hospital. Everything happened so fast!

Baby finally arrived at 11:19am : 2nd May 2013








No comments: